Weigand Construction is looking to hire an experienced Safety Manager within the Fort Wayne area. This is an opportunity to be a part of building up your community and make sure that everyone is safe while doing it!
Apply now on our careers page!
This position is responsible for assisting the Safety Director with the planning and preparation of job site set-up; inspecting and conducting job site visits; advising, supporting, and providing projects safety-oriented environments; scheduling safety training, processing worker’s compensation and administration claims; purchasing safety equipment; and administering the safety program. This position serves on various committee assignments and is invited to address various committees regarding safety issues.
Internally, this position works with the Safety Director, the Assistant to the Director of Field Operations, Project Supervisors, and Project Managers. Externally, this position interacts with subcontractors, vendors, government regulatory agencies, and others associated with project-related activities.
Below is an in-depth descriptive list of position responsibilities and requirements.
Job Site Set-up
- Preconstruction Checklists
- Safety Informational Posting
- First Aid
- Safety Equipment Management
- Job Site Inspection
- Inform Internal and External Teams
- Job Site Investigation
- Technical Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Safety Equipment Inspections
- Manage Safety Training Program
- Filing Traditional and Digital Documents
- Time Management/Scheduling
- Retain Project Knowledge
- Work with Safety Committee on Changes to Safety Program
- Preparing Reports Regularly
- Team Building
- Professional Development Training
- Proper Delegation to Support Staff
- Effective Communication
- College Graduate (Safety Degree or Related) OR Applicable Working Experience of 4+ Years
- College Internship with a construction company or previous safety-related employment in the construction industry
- Specialized Knowledge including but not limited to: Workman’s Compensation rules and regulations (Indiana), Federal OSHA, IOSHA (Indiana), MIOSHA (Michigan), Rules and regulations for the construction Industry 29 CFR 1926
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Relations
- Decision Making/Problem Solving
- Planning and Organization
- Attention to Detail
- Conflict Resolution
Compensation & Benefits Package:
- To be determined upon experience aligning with company needs
*Please include salary requirements with resume submission.
The Weigand Why:
BUILDING LANDMARKS THAT IMPACT THE LIVES AND COMMUNITIES WE SERVE