In the last several years, WCI has also invested heavily into new construction technologies. With estimating totals exceeding $500 Million a year, we have invested in strategic partnerships and additional service lines that support our clients. This support assists our clients from operations during construction to streamlining their growth, with services like Building Information Modeling (BIM) and additional programs such as Revit, Navisworks, 3Ds Max, and Lumion.
Building Information Technology (BIM) is changing how buildings, infrastructure, and utilities are planned, designed, built and managed. BIM provides tools to monitor building data throughout the construction process and beyond.
Building Information Modeling (BIM) Elements Available for All Projects:
- Photo-Realistic Renderings provide a detailed visualization of the final product before the shovel hits the ground, which helps generate buy-in from stakeholders and enthusiasm in the community.
- 3D Interdisciplinary Trade Coordination allows for the identification and resolution of potential clashes between the mechanical, electrical and plumbing trades before they are encountered in the field, saving significant time and money.
- Project Phasing and Scheduling coordinates construction traffic, client employee traffic, deliveries and other activities to help the project go more smoothly for everyone involved.
- In-Wall As-Built Photos documents through photos every square foot of your facility during construction, by linking these photos to the as-built drawings to give 100% certainty of installed conditions.
- 3D Modeling of As-Built Conditions also captures installed conditions in a 3D building model, which can be useful in future renovations, remodels, additions, or equipment fit-out.
- Integrating Building Information with a Facility Management System utilizes the COBie data exchange format to electronically populate your facility management system with building design and operation information at project completion, eliminating the need for manual data entry.