Mercer Health Expansion & Renovation
Located in Coldwater, OH, Mercer County Community Hospital is an acute care hospital with 76 licensed beds and is the anchor facility for Mercer Health. In 2016 they announced a 70,000 square foot, 3 story West Wing Expansion Project and selected Weigand Construction as the Construction Manager.
The addition provides significantly enhanced outpatient, inpatient and surgical services, enabling Mercer Health to uphold its commitment to local, quality healthcare services in Mercer County and the surrounding communities.
overall project highlights
- 6 new operating rooms
- 16 same-day pre/post-surgery rooms
- New central sterile processing unit
- 18 private patient rooms
- New outpatient center (20 exam rooms & 2 procedure rooms)
- Renovated cafeteria with ~100 seat dining area
- New conference rooms
- New mechanical equipment infrastructure
- New hospital administration area
“Much of the success of this ‘on schedule’ project must go to the Weigand Construction team. Their project management skills and attention to detail are probably their strongest asset.”